Conference: From stigmatization to gentrification: harnessing the right to the city in London: the case study of Tottenham and Brixton. Natalia de Carli OUT_Arquias researcher.
and Penny Newell (KCL)
10:40 – Keynote: Dr. Matthew Beaumont (UCL)
Nightwalkers and Nightwatchers: Policing the Nocturnal City in the Middle
Ages and After
- Richard Maguire (Arcadia University) – Pink Greene: The City and Homosexuality in the 1950s’ novels of Graham Greene
- Penny Newell (KCL) – Fictional Form in Kafka’s The Trial
- Júlia Braga Neves (KCL/HUB) – Panopticism and Domesticity in Sarah Waters’ Affinity
1:30pm – Interruption: Rita Chadha (RAMFEL)
- Natália de Carli (University of Seville) and Zeno Leoni (KCL) – From stigmatization to gentrification: harnessing the right to the city in London
- Matthew Richmond (KCL) – Double panopticism in Rio de Janeiro’s pacified favelas.
4:30pm – Keynote: Dr. Seb Franklin (KCL)